A new season of FIFA symbolizes the beginning of a new Global Series. This is, of course, the official FIFA eSports tournament hosted by EA themselves. Gamers around the world are invited to participate in order to show their skills in competitive matches. If you are a competitive FIFA player looking to take part in the FIFA 21 Global Series, this article will show you exactly how to do so.
Regions eligible to Participate in FIFA 21 Global Series
To support a world-wide interest in the FIFA 21 Global Series, EA has split up the brackets of players into regions. You will be slotted into a region based on where you are in the world. These are the countries available in each region.
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- North America: Canada (including Quebec), Mexico, United States of America
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Netherlands Antilles, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
- East Asia: China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- West Asia & South Africa: India, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates
Whichever country you fit into, you will be slotted into the corresponding region. You will be playing against players of your region in various formats in order to get high spots in your region’s ranking. This is the leaderboard from which the top players will be selected to compete in the regional playoff, where the winner becomes the champion of your region. Other tournaments follow at a later date where top players from each region are brought together in global tournaments. Details for these will be announced at a later date.
Also, do remember that there is a huge cash price to be won as well in FIFA 21 Global Series. In total prizes, EA will be giving away $1.5 million for just the regional playoffs. The other tournaments such as the eChampions League and the eWorld Cup will have more prizes to be given away. There is certainly a lot to play for here.
Consoles eligibility of FIFA 21 Global Series
Like previous years, the FIFA 21 Global Series will be focused on PS4 and XBOX. Since this is the transition year to the next generation of consoles, PS5 and XBOX Series X consoles will not be included in this year’s Global Series. It is well-known from statistics that show that more players from PS4 are entered into a competitive level than XBOX players. Because of this, the regions of Oceania, East Asia, and West Asia & South Africa will have competitions based exclusively on PS4. Other regions will focus on both consoles.
How do you compete in FIFA 21 Global Series?
The main question for every player right now is how to compete. It is recommended that you read the above sections to see if your country can participate, which region you fit into and which console you require.
1. Register your interest
The first and most important step is to register your interest. Registration has begun on October 9th, 2020, and closes on December 31st, 2020. You can register here. There is no requirement to register as soon as possible, but the quicker you get it done, the quicker you can get it out of the way. This means you will be able to focus more on your Ultimate Team and your competitive gameplay.
2. Complete your FUT Champs Verification
FUT Champs is the main competitive tournament hosted every week for all FIFA players. You have 30 matches to play and you must aim to win as many of those as possible in order to get the highest rank possible. The higher the rank, the better the rewards for your Ultimate Team.
To qualify as a FIFA 21 Global Series contender, you will first have to complete FUT Champs Verification. If you can reach the rank of Elite 1 by winning at least 27 games out of the 30, you will be classed as a verified player. This is required for you to proceed any further in the tournament. Although this may seem like a tough achievement, it is definitely doable. It will separate the best players from the rest.
Being a FUT Champs verified player will also bring you some exclusive perks as well in FIFA 21 Global Series. You will be given access to an exclusive Friendly Competition game mode in which you will be able to organize friendlies with other players. this can be very helpful for players to practice in matches that mirror the real competitive matches. Rather than being normal matches, these competitions will have certain changes:
- Ability to set a two-legged game with an aggregate score
- Ability to set start time for the match and ball possession in case a match needs to be restarted
- Ability to see the opponent’s squad before the match begins
- Ability to choose a specific FIFA Game Data Center to play on
3. Earn Global Series Points in FUT Champs
Global Series Points are what contribute to your overall ranking in your region in the FIFA 21 Global Series. Based on your best weekend league performances of the month, you will earn Global Series Points:
- 30 Wins: 30 Points
- 29 Wins: 30 Points
- 28 Wins: 28 Points
- 27 Wins: 27 Points
- 26 Wins: 26 Points
- 25 Wins: 25 Points
- 24 Wins: 24 Points
- 23 Wins: 23 Points
- 22 Wins: 22 Points
- 21 Wins: 21 Points
- 20 Wins: 20 Points
4. Earn Global Series Points in Online Qualifiers
Online Qualifiers are another way in which you can earn Global Series Points. These are regular tournaments specific to each region where you can earn the points. There will be a maximum of 1024 players for each tournament, if more apply, then the best 1024 players from those that applied will gain a spot (based on current Region Rankings). All qualifiers will be double-elimination tournaments and you will be matched with players based on their current Global Series Points.
5. Participate in Domestic Leagues
The Domestic Leagues are leagues specific to each region, rather than earning Global Series from these leagues, you will be competing for direct qualification in the regional play-offs. In these leagues, you will choose a football club to represent and you will then use that team in the Domestic League. These are the number of available seats for each region via the Domestic League.
- Europe: PlayStation 4 – 22 Players
- Europe: Xbox One – 22 Players
- North America: PlayStation 4 – 6 Players
- North America: Xbox One – 3 Players
- South America: PlayStation 4 – 12 Players
- South America:, Xbox One – 3 Players
- West Asia & South Africa: PlayStation 4 – 5 Players
- East Asia: PlayStation 4 – 4 Players
- Oceania: PlayStation 4 – 3 Players
6. Compete in the Regional Play-offs
The final stage of the FIFA 21 Global Series will be the Regional Play-offs. This is the tournament in which the top players in the FIFA 21 Global Series Points ranking and the Domestic League will compete for n one final tournament to be crowned champion for your region. Each Play-off will be of different sizes for each region in FIFA 21 Global Series.
- Europe: PlayStation 4 – 64 Players
- Europe: Xbox One – 64 Players
- North America: PlayStation 4 – 16 Players
- North America: Xbox One – 16 Players
- South America: PlayStation 4 – 32 Players
- South America: Xbox One – 16 Players
- West Asia & South Africa: PlayStation 4 – 16 Players
- East Asia: PlayStation 4 – 8 Players
- Oceania: PlayStation 4 – 8 Players
Places are limited in some regions and so you will have to put in all your effort in order to grab a spot in the Play-offs for your region in FIFA 21 Global Series.
Now that is all the important info you need to know in order to qualify for this year’s Global Series. Tons of people will be competing and so you will need to work hard in order to gain one of the limited numbers of spaces in each tournament in this series.
What are your thoughts on the FIFA 21 Global Series? Let us know in the comment section below.